School Leadership Review
The School Leadership Review is a nationally refereed journal sponsored and published by TCPEA. The journal is designed to offer a publishing opportunity to professors of educational leadership across the country on topics related to school administration.
We encourage submissions from new professors as well as those with years of valuable experience. We hope that the School Leadership Review will soon become one of your “must reads,” a helpful tool as you endeavor to improve the field of educational leadership.
School Leadership Review Call for Papers
School Leadership Review Call for Papers. School Leadership Review is published twice annually. The fall edition is general topics publication and the Spring issue is a themed issue.
Manuscripts for fall publication will be considered until September 1 each year.
Manuscripts for the spring publication will be considered until March 1 each year.
The Spring issue theme is announced at the annual TCPEA Fall Meeting.
Spring 2021 Themed Issue
Leading without Maps: Leadership in Times of Chaos
- Submission Types: Original empirical studies, systematic reviews, meta-analyses, and research literature-based articles. We will also be adding a section in the Spring issue for an invited book or resource review that is related to the theme.
- Possible topics include:
- Democracy in education
- Leading equitable schools
- Educational leadership in times of natural disasters.
- Educational leadership in a global pandemic
- Educational leadership during times of socio-political change or unrest
- Technology leadership in times of crisis
- Technology usage in times of crisis
- Technology needs in times of crisis
- Follow 7th edition of APA Publication Manual for style and reporting standards for findings.
- The deadline for submissions is extended until April 1, 2021.
Manuscript guidelines are as follows:
- Submissions should be 4,000 to 5,000 words in length (approximately 20 pages including references).
- Articles, including references, must follow the guidelines in the 6th edition of the APA Manual. Submissions in different formats will be automatically rejected.
- Limit the use of tables, figures, and appendices, as they are difficult to import into the journal text layout.
- Two manuscripts must be sent electronically. One manuscript must include a cover page with complete contact information (name, position, institution, mailing address, phone, and email), and one manuscript with all author information redacted.
- Manuscripts may be submitted at any time during the call period. All manuscripts will be submitted for blind review. *
Please submit electronically at https://scholarworks.sfasu.edu/slr/.
Call for Reviewers
Are you interested in being a reviewer for TCPEA’s School Leadership Review?
Complete this online form and we will be in touch!