Nathan R. Templeton, Ed.D.
Jennifer T. Butcher, Ph.D.
J. Kenneth Young, Ph.D.
The School Leadership Review is a nationally refereed journal sponsored and published by the Texas Council of Professors of Educational Administration. This journal is designed to offer a publishing opportunity to professors of educational leadership across the country on topics related to school administration. We encourage submissions from new professors as well as those with years of valuable experience. We hope that the School Leadership Review will soon become one of your “must reads,” a helpful tool as you endeavor to improve the field of educational leadership.
School Leadership Review Special Edition, Winter 2020
Call for Papers
The next issue of School Leadership Review will be published in Winter 2020. Manuscripts for publication will be accepted for consideration in this issue until October 31, 2019.
The theme for the issue is “Building Capacity for Leadership and Social Change in Rural PK-12 Settings.”
Rural schools face many challenges. As Hill (2014) discusses, reduction in funding due to fluctuations in enrollment and a declining tax base, reluctance to meet the needs of second language learners, and the inability to attract and retain new educators are a few such challenges. More importantly, while a vast majority of Texas schools are rural, there is a lack of empirical research guiding leadership in rural schools.
Therefore, the purpose of this special edition is to inform practitioners as they address improving leadership capacity, building educator capacity and impacting social change inherent to practice in rural PK-12 settings. The following are suggested topics, but other prevalent topics in the area of rural PK-12 settings will be considered.
- Technology usage in the classroom professional development
- Emerging models of professional development
- Assessing professional development needs
- Trauma/Mental Health professional development
- Mindfulness professional development
- Media Literacy professional development
- School Safety professional development
- Coaching/Mentoring Strategies
- Social Emotional Learning professional development
- Teacher retention professional development
- Community outcomes Evaluation Models professional development
- Meta-analyses of specific professional development models on student and classroom outcomes
- Leader efficacy
Manuscript guidelines are as follows:
- Submissions should be 4,000 to 5,000 words in length (approximately 20 pages including references).
- Articles, including references, must follow the guidelines in the 6th edition of the APA Manual. Submissions in different formats will be automatically rejected.
- Limit the use of tables, figures, and appendices, as they are difficult to import into the journal text layout.
- Two manuscripts must be sent electronically. One manuscript must include a cover page with complete contact information (name, position, institution, mailing address, phone, and email), and one manuscript with all author information redacted.
- Manuscripts may be submitted at any time during the call period. All manuscripts will be submitted for blind review. *
Please submit electronically to https://scholarworks.sfasu.edu/slr/.